Contract Type: CONSULTANCY
Duration: 12 days
Date: August 10 – 25, 2020
Location: LAGOS, NIGERIA
Scope of work
Project HOPE is seeking to engage a Consultant to:
Develop a mapping methodology in collaboration with project staff (2 days);
- Conduct a desk review (1 days);
- Conduct interviews with private sector organizations and the Lagos State Ministry of Youth and Social Development (5 days);
- Carry out a mapping of private sector partners, including thematic interests and trends which align to Government priorities on OVC (5 days, in conjunction with bullet above);
- Develop an overview of industry sectors and companies that are currently investing most in CSR overall and in CSR activities focused on children (2 days);
- Analyze trends in the private sector donor environment and develop updated donor profiles (2 days).
· Assess the level and nature of the impact of the business sector on children’s rights as it relates to identified companies that have the potential to develop CSR activities benefiting children(this is important so that the government is not accepting funds from companies that their production harms children) – 2 days
- Document showing the methodology and process for the mapping
- Analysis of mapping of private sector landscape, trends, opportunities, CSR activities, recommendations – Draft mapping report
· Updated donor lists and profiles available
· Final mapping report
· The Consultant is expected to be familiar with both Local Government and State structures in Lagos State
· Given the current situation with COVID-19, the Consultant should be prepared to move around Lagos (observing all safety guidelines in relation to COVID-19). Consultant should be prepared to move around LGs and State Ministry.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Masters’ Degree in Social Sciences with 5 - 6 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level mapping of private sector funding and corporate social responsibility frameworks
- B.Sc/BA Degree in Social Sciences with 8 to 10 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level mapping of private sector funding and corporate social responsibility frameworks
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Experience with resource mapping exercise
- Project HOPE does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview
- Work is expected to be carried out on work days. Work carried out on weekends will be with the prior approval of the Country Representative.
· Costs for Consultant travel as approved in the work-plan will be reimbursed
· Project HOPE will pay a lump sum towards communication costs
· Consultant daily rate will be N50,000 (Fifty thousand Naira); to be paid on submission of completed work-plan and report