We are looking to hire an experienced Managing Director to control and oversee all business operations and the workforce of a Diagnostic center in Lagos. The ideal candidate, not necessarily a physician, must have experience in the medical field and should be a strategist and a leader, able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals.
He/She will be involved in strategic decision-making, performance improvement initiatives, responsible for monitoring and improving the level of care provided and also help reduce operating costs of the center over time.
Will report directly to the representative of the Board of Directors and periodic situation analysis to the board
Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders.
· Advise the Board on strategic decisions, procurement of equipment and supplies as well as facility maintenance and utilization.
· Participate in various administrative duties and clinical staff meetings including the development, strategy, governance and objectives of the organization.
· Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities.
· Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations in managing employees and delegate authority and responsibility as appropriate.
· Oversee the activities of the medical team and participates in the recruitment and retention of professional/medical and non-professional/non-medical staff of the center in collaboration with the Human Resource department.
· Participate in the establishment and implementation of organizational policies and procedures and promote the wellness of staff in line with labour legislation and health and safety guidelines to create a diverse and positive working environment.
· Research and implement new initiatives to drive revenue, lower operating costs while maintaining quality service that is competitive, all while delivering excellent care to patients.
· Ensure facility accreditation with relevant agencies and clinic staff strictly adhere to local, state, and federal laws in administering treatment, to avoid sanctions and possible shutdown of the center.
· Preparation of annual reports and attending/presenting at board meetings.
· Continuous monitoring of the annual budget and ensure that sales targets are met.
· Build a culture of respect, trust and professionalism among all employees which is represented by fairness, integrity and nondiscrimination.
Skills and Requirements
· Proven experience as Managing Director or other senior managerial position preferably in the Medical field
· Demonstrate knowledge in Strategic thinking, business development and Productivity Management
· Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives
· Knowledge of healthcare administration systems
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
· Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Knowledge of government regulations and compliance requirements
· Strong crisis management and conflict mediation skills
· Degree in a Business/Finance/Medical related field.
· Masters / MBA or Postgraduate fellowship degree would be added advantage.
· At least 5 years as a Management level staff of a medical organization
· Postgraduate Degree in Administration, Finance, Business or health related courses will be an advantage