- This position reports to The General Manager and is responsible for addressing all aspects of the HSE agenda by ensuring effective performance monitoring is in place, analyzed, and reviewed periodically.
- The role owns the relationship with regulators and ensuring that all activities are undertaking to meet regulatory requirements and keep the regulators enrolled and engaged with forwarding plans.
- An important aspect of this role is the building of organizational capability and culture such that HSSE considerations become an integral part of everything we do by providing high-quality coaching, learning, and development in the organization.
- This role provides support for productive activities to identify and eliminate hazards and prevent accidents by proactively taking measures appropriately through training, effective communication, enforcement and compliance, and other measures.
- Degree/ HND in Engineering or physical sciences and formal training in HSE with recognized qualification and certification
- Minimum of 15 years working experience in the oil and gas industry with a minimum of 3 years on similar HSE responsibilities.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate risk assessment techniques and experience at organizing HAZOPS, HAZIDS, HAZAN, and other reviews.
- He/she should be able to demonstrate administrative skills and proficiency in typical office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Other skills required for this position are fluency in the English language and writing, planning, presentation and negotiation skills, and the ability to work with flexibility.