- Provide project management leadership and promote best practices in Project Management, ensuring assigned projects are delivered to agreed specifications, timelines, and approved budget
- Design Data Centre infrastructure components in line with applicable international standards and ensuring detailed and accurate specification of components
- Manage implementation of Data Centre projects or any other assigned Projects ensuring projects are delivered effectively and most efficiently.
- Analyze potential project risks as well as barriers and define appropriate mitigating plans to enable timely resolution or outright avoidance.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure and detailed project management documentation, including milestones and responsibilities share on all assigned projects.
- Develop processes and work standards required for the implementation of projects, and monitor compliance to ensure the set objectives are met.
- Responsible for compliance with all Capital Projects departmental processes, keeping custody of all departmental process documents.
- Guide the Technical team’s capital expenditure for the company in line with the strategic plan and report on the CAPEX spend on Capital projects, ensuring consideration of financial and technical tradeoffs as well as compliance with all fiscal and regulatory parameters.
- Perform strategic planning and financial analysis, including budget preparation and obtaining necessary approvals for all assigned capital projects.
- Monitor the budget for capital projects; oversee their financial effectiveness by exercising cost control measures, motivating for budget enhancements when required.
- Monitor and administer the relevant contracts and agreements for each project.
- Measure the delivery of the technical key performance indicators (KPIs) especially as it relates to the capital projects.
- Prepare reports and make presentations on all assigned projects as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- First degree in Electrical & Electronics or related Engineering discipline. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years work experience, Five (5) of which must have been in leading and directing Telecoms or allied infrastructure projects.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate is also a requirement for this position.
- Must be numerate with excellent Project Management skills and competency in desktop research.
- Excellent engineering design skills, good knowledge of Data Centre infrastructure design principles are key requirements for this role.
- Other skills such as planning and organization, budgeting, policy design and development, process improvement, negotiation, presentation, and strategic planning are also required for this role.