3PL Expansion and Onboarding:
- Build a pitch deck for different functions where 3PL are required
- Create a full-year expansion plan and set weekly, monthly, quarterly targets and publish planned vs actuals
- Train and coach the team of associates to execute the onboarding plan
- Identify and define the critical capabilities needed to support Jumia’s Supply Chain strategies and ensure enough 3PLs are there to cover the needs
- Lead the lead generation, conversion, and onboarding funnel.
- Conduct role plays and focused group discussions with 3PLs
- To prepare and evaluate the onboarding of 3PLs at an individual level
- Own onboarding new 3PLs into the Jumia ecosystem including:
- First Mile
- Middle Mile/ transportation
- Last-mile delivery- Physical goods and on-demand delivery
- Any other as per business requirement
- Reduce lead generation to onboarding time and solve 3PL issues during this stage
- Ensure 100% compliance to the internal process of KYC, Contracts etc
- Negotiate best prices with 3PLs in line with the payment structure defined
- 3PL Onboarding flow:
- Define rules of engagement and Identify your exact needs and establish clear goals and objectives with 3PL and internal teams
- Roll out various initiatives for 3PL onboarding via Facebook, Instagram, and other channels.
- Track and maintain feedback on the onboarding experience of 3PL Partners
- Get the most out of your partners involved with strategic conversations and long-term planning.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet, etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 5 years minimum experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production, or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatives supply chain
- Clear understanding of Transportation Logistics network management, Retail or Customer Service processes, and priorities
- You are highly goal-driven, use project management skills and work well in fast-paced environments.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred. Excel skills required
- Experience in strategy and complex network management
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.