ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as administrator, supervisor and community-builder in a male resident students hostel.
- Responsible for the health, hygiene and general welfare of students residing in the hall of residence
- Shall ensure that the residents observe the rules framed for their guidance and maintenance of decorum.
- To supervise for the smooth running of the facilities provided and to plan for up-gradation and maintenance of these facilities in the halls of residence and periodically verify the furniture and fittings of the halls of residence with the assistance of the Operations team and take action for their repairs/replacement.
- In charge of ensuring additional personnel and ancillary activities operating on the premises are doing so in compliance to the guides and rules set out.
- Participate in and facilitate teamwork in which reliability and ability to manage time effectively will be the key.
- The Wardens shall be available in the management office every day at specified hours.
- Ensure safe and healthy living and working environment for resident students.
- Promptly take appropriate action within his power on all cases of misbehaviour, indiscipline, and sickness of the residents in the property and report to Operations team in Head Office for cases beyond his powers.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks such as report writing, surveys, filing incidents, documentation and record-keeping with respect to Residence Halls.
- Maintaining accurate records and writing reports to help to identify trends that may require action.
- Undertaking an intensive lettings process, accompanied viewings and tenancy sign-ups in line with the service’s allocations’ policy.
- Dealing with breaches of residents’ agreements and taking any necessary action.
- Being involved in hostels’ meetings and consultations.
- Ensuring all electrical and mechanical appliances are scheduled for testing and tested accordingly.
- Inspecting the property on a daily basis ensuring that the health and safety of the building is maintained.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- The role of Warden is a challenging position and requires a fine balance between enforcing discipline and supporting and bonding with students and vendors.
- Wardens must be approachable and available to all students.
- Wardens must be able to respect confidentiality. Be empathetic and patient.
- Wardens must be proactive and take personal responsibility, have the ability to go beyond the call of duty.
- They should have a basic knowledge of health and safety practices and be open to learning new skills.
- Ability to work in a team, motivate, supervise and develop vendors to deliver target outcomes.
- Very good communication skills.
- Basic computer skills. Knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Good writing skills to capture data, manage budgets, collect feedback, design reports and conduct surveys.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in hostel/residence/ facilities management.