Tailor Roles and Responsibilities:
• Sew garments, clothing or other articles using needle and thread, sewing machines, and other sewing equipment.
• Assemble garment parts and join parts with basting stitches.
• Make made-to-measure clothing according to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit, and applying principles of garment design.
• Fit and study garments on customers to determine required alterations.
• Repair textiles or apparel by removing stitches from garments to be altered using rippers or razor blades.
• Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons and linings.
• Smooth garments using irons, steamers, presses, or other machines.
• Maintain garment drape and proportions as alterations are performed.
• Develop, copy or adapt designs for garments and design patterns to fit measurements, applying knowledge of garment design, construction, styling, and fabric. Measure customers using a tape measure and record measurements.
• Make garment style changes, such as tapering pant legs, narrowing lapels and adding or removing padding.
• Work with procurement to estimate how much a garment will cost to make, based on factors such as time and material requirements.
• Cut fabrics and position patterns on equipment, materials and workplaces.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Prior experience in male fashion tailoring is required (especially English /Kaftan wears, Trousers and Jackets).
• Knowledge of basic mathematical functions.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Creativity and problem-solving abilities.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in tailoring.
• Ability to perform a variety of tasks, sometimes simultaneously.