- Ability to speak, write and read the English language, Hausa is a plus.
- The candidate must possess an academic qualification of at least OND
- Ability to follow policies and procedures in conducting job tasks.
- Able to work with a team and independently.
- Able to operate a touchscreen computer with minimum beginner computer skills
- Able to work on/with machines and equipment with moving parts.
- Have working experience with machines/equipment repairs
- Have adequate knowledge of SAFETY measures and precautions during maintenance.
- The rice mill operates Monday - Sunday 24 hours a day. Two shifts fill every 24 hour period morning 8:00 am - 8:00 pm, and Nightshift 8:00 pm - 8:00 am. Employees rotate to the next shift, that is, from morning shift to Nightshift, every week (with exceptions). So the position requires availability Monday - Sunday 24 hours a day with one day off every week.
- This job operates in a manufacturing warehouse environment. This role routinely uses manufacturing equipment. The environment is hot, cold, dusty, and loud. Must be able to comply with personal protective equipment on the manufacturing floor (hearing protection, hard hat, safety glasses, beard/hairnets, gloves, boots, and others as required).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms overhead and grip; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50KG.