· Responsible for the correct operation of the utility equipment and the maintenance and repair of all machinery, systems, process and equipment
· Knowledge of roles and responsibilities with regard to emergency response
· Supervise a department consisting of engineers and supervisors with electrical instrument and mechanical fabrication and welding skills
· Responsible for maintaining and requisitioning stocks of spare parts, consumables, tools, fuel, lubricating oils and chemicals
· Organize, administer and implement the planned maintenance systems for all the various equipment and machinery, including safety equipment
· Routinely monitor the performance of machinery, equipment and systems
· Administer and enter machinery and equipment daily log and workbook records into the planned maintenance system so that accurate and comprehensive records are maintained onboard
· Maintain a close working relationship with all department heads
· Ensure that personnel assigned to the Maintenance department are fully conversant with their duties and responsibilities. Establish their level of competency and undertake to provide coaching/training where shortfalls are identified. To provide guidance and support to subordinates.
· HND or Degree in appropriate engineering discipline
· 7 years minimum experience
· Thorough knowledge of FPSO Permit to Work system, Isolation Standards, Risk Assessment, Codes of Practice
· Experience and knowledge of oil production, gas compression and power generation systems
· Computer literate and experience on maintenance management systems.
Personal Skills: Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined. Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.
Leadership Skills: Exemplary safety and managerial leadership skills. Good levels of written and spoken communication in English language. Clear understanding of behavioral and logistical personnel issues.
Technical Skills: Appropriate standard of technical, legal and professional knowledge as defined by competences.
IT Skills: Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package. Operation and use of internet and electronic system.