WHO WE ARE
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd was founded in Abuja in January 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has two hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency/trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite, and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital. Under general supervision, maintain the flow and drainage of water, air, and other gases by assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings, and plumbing fixtures district wide. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all plumbing systems in district facilities.
The Plumber reporting directly to the Assistant Technical Manager, is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation systems. The incumbent will also be responsible for inspecting drainage and other plumbing systems for compliance with the health and federal regulations.
The duties of the Plumber includes; testing plumbing systems to identify leaks and other faults, troubleshoot plumbing fixtures to perform repair or replacement of damaged components, install plumbing systems such as sinks, toilets, tubs, and air conditioners and oversee the selection and procurement of materials required for plumbing installation or repair.
· Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids.
· Maintain and repair damaged broken pipes, and clogged drains.
· Install underground sanitary, drainage, and water supply piping systems.
· Set up systems for the supply of oxygen and other medical gas in Cedarcrest Hospitals.
· Select and oversee the procurement of construction materials and equipment.
· Carry out treatment of water to produce potable water meeting set standards.
· Repair and maintain water treatment plant and plumbing facilities at various locations.
· Ensure compliance with building codes and set safety standards.
· Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials.
· Inspect plumbing systems to identify issues and initiate repairs.
· Troubleshoot faults related to the treatment plant, plumbing, and piping to discover the root causes of errors.
· Liaise with contractors, pipefitters, and other construction workers to ensure an effective plumbing system.
· Dig trenches/install pipes and piping fixtures for water or sewage systems.
· Fill pipes with resin or sand to prevent distortion and ensure they are steady during installation.
· Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures before installation
· Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing defects.
· Installs heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters
· Chooses plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of the building.
· Prepares daily reports of repair jobs, damages, etc. for the analysis of the supervisor.
· Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts.
· SSCE, NABTEB, City & Guilds certificate.
· 1-3 years apprenticeship program under an experienced plumber.
· 3 years’ experience as a general plumber.
· Versed in identifying plumbing problems and providing solutions to resolve such issues.
· Good knowledge of industrial plumbing and pipe-fitting work.
· Ability to work on domestic plumbing and pipefitting jobs
· Ability to perform plumbing and maintenance duties promptly.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Should be able to work flexible hours.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to quality and customer service.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
· The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
· Knowledge of workflow processes.