Reporting to the Director of Administration, the Maintenance and Facilities Manager works closely with the Medical Director, College Provost, Construction Manager and Revitalization Project Leader. The Maintenance and Facilities Manager will be responsible for leading the maintenance team and overseeing the maintenance of the hospital’s and school’s land, buildings, infrastructure, facilities, water and electrical systems, equipment, and vehicles. The Maintenance and Facilities Manager will be expected to develop and implement maintenance strategies to achieve full capacity and develop efficient operating standards for both institutions. This position will set up a maintenance plan and related schedule to support hospital, housing and school’s infrastructure, including the efficient provision of water and electrical supply, road maintenance and drainage issues. The Maintenance and Facilities Manager will also need to lead and motivate the maintenance team, set up the performance evaluation system, and train team members to use good strategies to solve challenges.
· Supervise and coordinate the work of the maintenance team
· Check that work by staff and contractors has been completed satisfactorily; follow up on any deficiency in a timely fashion
· Ensure the proper functionality of equipment within the facility
· Instill a maintenance mindset within the department and hospital, with proactive upkeep and scheduled maintenance
· Maintain accurate and up to date maintenance logs and schedules for service.
· Maintain the equipment inventory and spare parts control plan – submit budgets for total operations, for specific areas and for equipment repairs.
· Work with service consultants as required and find solutions for repairs to medical equipment
· Negotiate best prices and service for maintenance
· Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
· Oversee building and equipment maintenance
· Oversee electrical needs and schedules are met and clean water is always available in the system.
· Maintain the efficient running of hospital and school generators and gain a knowledge of solar power.
· Ensure proper running and maintenance of the water dam system, pump, filtration system, water storage, and boreholes
· Maintain the grounds of the hospital, residences, schools and workshop with respect to neatness.
· Schedule the maintenance team roster for adequate coverage and availability at all times
· Handle personnel issues within the maintenance department; Set up a performance evaluation system for the maintenance department
· Foster an environment of safety, teamwork, accountability and security of tools and supplies
· Ensure provision of adequate tools, equipment, supplies, and safety protective devices for all maintenance staff
· Develop policy manuals and operating procedures for the maintenance and security departments
· Continuously build learning, teaching, and leadership skills within the maintenance and security staff to promote long term sustainability
· Encourage the spiritual development of the maintenance and security teams Uphold the mission and vision of the hospital
· Minimum 5 years hands-on maintenance experience and at least 3 years of people management experience. Ability to communicate well by e-mail, WhatsApp, and telephone
· First Degree or HND in the Engineering Majors eg: Civil Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering as a minimum requirement
· Proven competency in overseeing the maintenance of buildings, roads and equipment in a similar setting
· Well versed in general mechanics (trouble shooting and repair of engines of all types, gasoline and diesel)
· Excellent working knowledge of electrical generating plants and electrical wiring, installation and maintenance
· General plumbing knowledge, background in refrigerator and small appliance/small motor repair
· General construction and building repair knowledge
· Ability to identify priorities and take appropriate action; maintenance mindset with proactive upkeep and scheduled maintenance practices
· Leadership skills with positive and serving attitude; Proven effectiveness in people, communication and team management
NB: Accommodation Available