We are looking to hire a Communication specialist to plan, manage and produce Rover magazines for readers. The job holder will be responsible for creating editorial calendars, developing story ideas, writing articles, editing content, managing the production process of the magazine, setting publication goals, and generating content ideas.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Generate story ideas for Rover Magazine.
- Manage writing staff and freelance content producers.
- Approve content, appearance, and layout of featured articles.
- Oversee photography, design, and artwork to be used in the publication.
- Meet with writers and artists to discuss features, layouts, and artwork.
- Comply with media law and industry regulations.
- Send regular briefs to writers that include deadlines, writing style, and fees.
- Network actively at industry events.
- Commission articles from writing staff and freelance content producers.
- Proofread, edit and rewrite articles to meet publication standards.
- Attend photo shoots and outdoor events and occasions.
- Actively raise the profile of the publication.
- Assist all staff to meet timelines and targets.
- Minimum academic qualification of either an OND, HND, or BSC/BA
- Superb command of English with a keen interest in shaping a publication to distinguish the content to its target audience.
- Display a great understanding of target audiences, and exhibit remarkable negotiation and analytical skills
- The candidate should reside on the Island.