The job description for the Logistics Supervisor is as follows:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Logistics Department.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all equipment including vehicles as well as ensure an uptime close to 100% always.
- Assist the Logistics Manager to oversee the delivery and installation of equipment to sites and ensure prompt retrieval after usage.
- Maintain up-to-date records and inventory of all equipment and materials at the storage yard and construction sites.
- Ensure prompt replacement of damaged or unserviceable equipment.
- Maximize the work output of the department to ensure that equipment, as well as their operators and installers deployed to sites, are used efficiently.
- Ensure equipment deployed to sites are properly operated and not abused, damaged, or lost.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the industry, seek out improvements in job execution processes, and introduce innovations.sis
- Must be very knowledgeable about equipment and vehicle maintenance
- Must be very knowledgeable about storekeeping and inventory management
- Needs to have a good working knowledge of fleet management
- Ability to use Excel
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF THE LOGISTICS MANAGER
- Minimum of ND or related certificates
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Needs to be resourceful and a quick thinker to react to unexpected situations that arise.
- Mechanical Engineering/ Site Equipment Maintenance is an added advantage
100,000 per month (Gross)
Friday, March 19, 2021