- Coordinate the mobilisation and demobilisation of project equipment and trucks to and from project sites
- Coordinate the allocation of drivers/vehicles for authorized journeys and ensure all vehicles are effectively utilized.
- Work with line managers on a daily basis to obtain a staff movement plan
- Actively monitor journeys to ensure every journey starts and finishes safely
- Plan and undertake scheduled maintenance of vehicles so that they are fit for use at all times
- Respond to all breakdown reports in a very timely manner and minimise down-times
- Co-ordinate and oversee the activities of mechanics involved in maintenance and repair of vehicles
- Ensure drivers meet stated standards and remain fit to operate a vehicle
- Supervise drivers and the daily cleaning of their vehicles
- Determine the most appropriate vehicle type for company assignments
- Issue journey management forms and maintains records
- Combine journeys, where possible, to reduce road exposure
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
- Understand and implement the company’s HSE policy in your function
- Ensure accident and near-miss reporting procedures are understood and implemented. Assist with accident investigations where appropriate.
- Ensure that drivers operate vehicles in a safe manner following laid down HSE procedure
- Experience in logistics
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Good working attitude and ability to work independently
- Ability to work under strong pressure
- Minimum of HND in any field