Reporting to the Project Manager he/she will responsible of:
- Arrange transportation, schedule staff, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay. To schedule and plan day-to-day customer deliveries.
- To ensure all customer deliveries are allocated to approved and authorised hauliers and drivers in accordance with the company's policies, practices, and standards
- To oversee global import and export materials.
- To receive process of customer orders from time to time.
- To assist in managing the company's haulage budgets
- To calculate and obtain quotes for haulage and shipping rates. Continually reviews freight costs, transportation rates, and/or the prices of raw materials to keep costs down where possible.
- To ensure that the companies haulage provision is efficiently utilised from both a financial & environmental perspective.
- To provide a high level of customer service and expertise with nominated customers and participate in special projects.
- To present company and department in a professional manner at all times to both internal and external customers
- To communicate with existing customers through telephone contact etc. to determine levels of customer demand and satisfaction.
- To provide and monitor the performance of haulers on a daily basis and provide relevant training where necessary ensuring the compliance with the company's policies, practices and standards
- To ensure computer and administration systems are current and up to date.
The Successful Applicant:
- Previous experience in a similar role including managing freight forwarders and Nigeria import and export.
- Strong Nigeria routing knowledge.
- Confident IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office. SAP will be a plus.
- Educational background related to Logistics.
- Commercially minded