- A logistics administrator is responsible for handling supply chains or distribution in a company and make sure that goods are delivered on time.
- In other words, a logistics administrator can be described as one who is professionally responsible for ensuring effective supply and distribution process in a company.
- He/she performs various duties such as filing documents, tracking orders, liaising and working with clients and suppliers, and entering data into specialized software; overseeing and managing a base of accounts, and identifying and solving any logistics issues that may come up.
- He/she must ensure that all supply chain procedures are supported and implemented, from coordinating deliveries to managing shipping documentation.
- The logistics administrator job description also entails responsibility for all activities associated with the mobilization and demobilization of personnel from an offshore site, transferring timesheet information for offshore labor personnel, and assisting with the coordination of project training and safety days.
- In addition, a logistics administrator is also responsible for completion of the bill of landings, certificate of weight, and purchase request, and invoices.