The company is a reputable law firm that specialises in corporate and private property law. It is based in Ejigbo, Lagos state, and will require someone who resides (locally) at most 3miles radius of Isolo, Lagos. The primary purpose of this role will be to assist the CEO with the daily running of the firm and It involves regular visits to clients.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
1. Practice Administration
- Regular visits to clients’ sites and to courts
- Creating new client files and completing file opening procedures
- Developing agreements & contracts, managing policies and communications with regard to the Practice
- Perform Legal research, draft legal documents and follow up on court proceedings and filings
- Maintaining office records relating to client’s portfolios, contracts with clients & vendors meetings, policies, procedures, regulations, budgets, tax, archives, and other documents
- Managing client appointments, calls, attending to clients, office email, and website
- Processing documentation and contract approvals with external organizations
- Ordering and managing stationery and other supplies required for day to day use in the office
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with clients and vendors
- Basic IT troubleshooting and liaising with IT vendors
- Managing the office environment.
2. Legal Compliance:
Identifying relevant legislation/regulations that apply to the practice and ensuring compliance by implementing relevant policies and procedures appropriate to:
- Human relations
- Due diligence
- Data protection
- Health and safety
- Legal services regulatory law
- Practice certificate/document renewals
3. Business Development:
- Administering and compiling reports on clients’ feedback relating to client’s experience and marketing efforts
- Developing a marketing plan with authorisation from the CEO
- Performing administrative duties relating to marketing such as placing advertisements, drafting, and sending out newsletters and updates to the website and social media platforms
4. Financial Administration:
- The accounts administration of the law office including record-keeping, billing, banking duties, processing payments invoices & receipts
- Keeping records and files of tax transactions relating to Withholding tax (WHT), Value Added Tax returns (VAT), and employee tax (PAYEE)
- Working with accountants to provide documentation and information required for the purpose of completing annual accounts and returns
5. Human Resource Management:
- Supervising junior support staff
- Keeping records relating to practice staff, training, and dealing with other employee matters
- Liaising with recruitment agents, placing recruitment advertisements, reviewing job applications, and organising and attending interviews
- Other duties as required by the CEO
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree in law with a diploma/formal training in business administration preferred.
- The Applicant for this position must have been a Lawyer duly called to Bar with a minimum of 3 (three) years post-call experience directly related to the set skills listed below. Experience in a law firm in any professional capacity preferred. He/she must reside in Lagos.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
This is a mid-level role, and the individual must be:
- Energetic, diligent, and resilient.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Agile, and committed to continuous improvement
- Able to work both independently and with others.
- Familiar with legal and business environments.
- Excellent in time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent researching, writing, and reporting skills.
- Information technology (IT) savvy and skilled in Microsoft office
- Strong in business development and marketing tactics
- Knowledgeable in litigation and property law
- Conversant with basic budgeting