Duties andresponsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Prepare, review and advise on contracts and documents pertaining to the company’s business and operations
· Reviewing new business relationships with service providers and partners
· Research and provide analysis on legal and policy issues
· Maintain regulatory position by:
- Liaising with regulators
- Coordinating reports and filings
- Coordinating audits and implementation of any audit findings (as required)
· Support the business units on legal and compliance matters
· Handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, litigation, etc.)
· Assists to maintain an accurate and up-to-date database of all contracts, disputes and litigation
· Coordinate processes, procedures, policies in accordance with regulatory obligations and international best practices
· Assists in structuring joint enterprises with other organizations
· Keeps abreast of relevant best practices and amendments to regulations and statutory provisions
· Maintain up-to-date records of regulatory changes and notifiable events relating to internal policies and procedures, Money Laundering and Combating Terrorist Financing, Customer Due Diligence, Consumer Protection, Conflict of Interest, etc.
· Performing additional duties as assigned.
· Law graduate with 4 to 6 years of extensive working experience; with a minimum of 12 months in the Financial Services Industry/FinTech Space.
· Proficiency and strong working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word and Google application is essential
· Should be able to work with minimal supervision
· Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines
· Willingness to learn
· Must be goal-oriented and self-motivated
· Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
· Must possess a deep understanding of corporate law transactions and other legal matters
· Highly entrepreneurial; takes the initiative to solve problems before they arise.
· Have started and/or contribute to projects which she/he is passionate about
· Great collaborator; listens to others, speaks own mind, and ask the right questions.
· Well-versed in regulations laws and standards procedures and able to translate into forward-thinking business practices.
· Resourceful meticulous and proactive with strong communication and problem-solving abilities.
· Offers a highly professional attitude and significant ability to work and perform well in a team.