- Draft a wide variety of legal agreements as may be contingent on DCP business matters.
- Provide internal advisory support services on corporate legal matters to business units and departments within DCP.
- Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions.
- Support in the development of service level agreements SLA’s for service delivery to all DCP business units.
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
- Analyze and review legal agreements, legislation, and documents for the Board.
- Liaise with external counsel in the management and resolution of disputes
- Ensure compliance with laid down guidelines (with emphasis on deadlines where stipulated), policies, and procedures with internal and external parties in/with DCP
- Investigate issues of non-compliance and report same promptly to the HOD
- Review and Advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Head of Department and/or Company Secretary.
- A first degree (LL.B) in Law/Legal Studies) from an accredited Institution
- A member of the Nigerian Bar Association with a call to bar, upon completion of studies at the Nigerian Law School.
- Professional certification such as the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) would confer an advantage.
- Must have at least two (2) but not more than Six (6) years post-graduate experience
- Proven experience in research, analysis, and legal advisory on fundamental business matters
- Experience in Contract drafting and negotiation as well as dispute resolution,
- Good understanding of the general and specific company and commercial law in Nigeria
- Managing compliance with regulatory institutions and support driving same in DCP business and official engagements
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of Corporate and Commercial Law
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Effective Team Playing Skills
- Excellent Business Writing and Communication skills
- Great Emotional Intelligence
- Enthusiasm and Commitment to service delivery
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development