- Partake in drafting, reviewing, monitoring of contracts, agreements and internal policies to ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Conducting legal investigation on behalf of the company where necessary.
- Ensuring effective contract negotiation, litigation and debt recovery within the scope of the company operations.
- Interpreting and evaluating regulatory issues.
- Conducting legal due diligence on counter-party to transactions involving the firm.
- Conducting research and analyzing legal issues relating to the business and agricultural sector.
- Ensuring that client relationships are effectively managed.
- Provide advice on corporate legal issues and business matters.
- Analyze and review existing legal agreements, legislation and documents for the company.
- Ensure (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies and procedures; investigate issues of non-compliance as may be required.
- Analyze, review and advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with outside counsel to defend organization’s right in contract settlements, negotiations and litigation
Key Performance Indicators:
- 100% debt recovery
- Skills, Competencies and Requirements:
- Functional Competencies/Requirements:
- Excellent research skills and ability to prepare high-quality briefs
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Industrial laws
- Proper documentation of every internal and external engagement.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Good analytic and problem-solving skill
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Good interpersonal, people management skills and negotiating skills
- Strong ethics, organizational and reliability skills with ability to maintain confidentiality
- Team focused and result-oriented
- Ability to take initiative and multitask
- A graduate degree in law (minimum of second class lower) from a recognized university
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association
- Minimum of 0-2 years post call experience from a reputable organization