The Lead Product Analyst will work closely with different departments within the company, analyze product data to give insight and make product recommendations, engage with customers to receive feedback on requirements, product and service delivery, and compile relevant product data. S/he should also be able to study products on the market to create a better product, monitor product performance, and ensure all product costs remain within company budgets.
The position holder will:
- Evaluate the company products and compare them against globally acceptable standards, industry trends, and client needs/expectations.
- Understand the customer to help develop new products, deliver product strategy, and manage the project lifecycle to meet the company’s current and future needs.
- Work with various departments to improve the analysis and presentation of products.
- Conduct deep-dive analysis of product ranges, categories, feedback, and potential product opportunities.
- Help define business scope and value of proposed requirements/features.
- Assist with managing and prioritizing the backlog of development work.
- Design questionnaires for stakeholders and conduct interviews to obtain insights that inform product development.
- Develop business requirements document that specifies clients’ need, product context, general, functional, and user interface requirements, while also including performance, maintainability, and security considerations.
- Review iterative system/software updates and ensure direct alignment with requirements specifications document.
- Develop user guides and conduct training on the use of software technology solutions, while collating user feedback to guide production updates.
- Responsible for the development and proposal of the overall product strategies and innovation, as well as product culture development.
- Perform initial product analysis to assess the need for any requested changes and evaluates their potential impact.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, and ethics with the support of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that third parties comply with all business processes and policies.
- Assist the company in achieving short and long-term goals relating to product growth.
- Support client with project work as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Requirements
- B.Sc. in relevant discipline. Additional certification in Product Management will be an added advantage. A Master’s degree is desirable.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in relevant technology product management.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to develop quality reports about target markets and product opportunities.
- Strong business sense, and can translate complex market research data into manageable and useful marketing suggestions.
- Proficiency in the use of Product Management tools, Microsoft Office, and Google suite.
- Ability to balance customer’s needs against company vision.
- Experience in workflows construction for product management.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands.