Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The lead, in-house applications Application Support is responsible for:
- Ensuring the stability and availability of all the in-house built applications.
- Identifying and supporting the implementation of innovative technologies applicable to this domain.
- Leading the automation of extant manual operational processes.
- Managing application configuration and upgrades, and problem analysis and resolution for complex application problems.
- Proactive monitoring of all applications in this domain.
- Managing the performance of all applications in this domain.
- Managing the data quality of applications in this domain, you will also be required to drive any revenue assurance reconciliations that may arise in this domain.
- Ensuring data security as it applies to all applications in this domain.
- The setting, articulating, and overseeing the achievement of the firm's IT goals and objectives on relevant IT Applications.
- Engaging in standard Incident, Problem, Change, and Risk Management of the IT applications in this domain. Ensuring there are robust procedures and processes within the application support function.
The Lead, in-house applications must have:
- A deep understanding of the Telco IT domain as well as a broad architecture understanding for IT in a telecom environment.
- Strong experience in all aspects of providing application support to users in a very fast-paced environment
- Strong hands-on in supporting python, .Net, and Java-based applications.
- Strong experience in administering Linux and Windows server environments.
- Strong experience in database support especially Oracle, MS SQL, and MongoDB.
- Strong experience in supporting business application systems and an understanding of their architecture.
- Extensive experience in implementing and upgrading major business applications.
- A sound understanding of applications and data security.
- A strong capability to run digital operations.
S/he should have specific skills and knowledge:
- Leadership skills with the ability to manage the direction for the Application domain.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- A structured approach to work, with the ability to plan, and organize larger activities of Clear in communication, both written and verbal.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree (Engineering or Computer Science)
- Evidence of continuous professional and personal learning and development
- Minimum 8-10 years relevant experience in telecommunication/other relevant industry