The Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning (MBNP) started the implementation of the Development Assistance Database (DAD Nigeria) in 2010, to serve as a consolidated repository of aid information in Nigeria. The Ministry also joined the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) as a Partner Country in 2015 as part of the strategy for accessing development and humanitarian Aid data in the country, with end to end traceability of activities, as well as tracking of development cooperation, spend in-country and budgets/expenditures from the source. The Development Cooperation Report (DCR) 2021 will be prepared using data from DAD and IATI Datastore respectively. Data analysis will be conducted using excel tables and charts, as well as pictorial presentations of selected cases to show evidence and impact of development cooperation in Nigeria.
The assignment involves the following activities:
- Preparing detailed report outline/template
- Download data from the DAD and IATI Datastore that will be used for the DCR
- Analyze all the data sets and hold validation sessions with Development Partners in-country and a zoom session with the IATI Secretariat.
- Report writing, including tables, charts, pictorials and editorial review
The key deliverables are;
- Production of Nigeria’s Development Cooperation Report 2021
- Printing of copies of the Development Cooperation Report 2021
- The Lead Expert is expected to possess the following skills and experience:
- A Master’s degree with three years report writing experience and deep knowledge of international conventions/agreements on Development Cooperation such as; Paris Declaration, Accra Agenda for Action Busan Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation, etc.
- A Post Graduate Diploma with five years report writing experience and deep knowledge of international conventions/agreements on Development Cooperation such as; Paris Declaration, Accra Agenda for Action Busan Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation, etc.
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- One or two examples of similar reports or research work done in the past.
- Excellent oral and written English is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills.
The objective of the Development Cooperation Report (DCR) 2021 is to provide an overview of development assistance to Nigeria with both quantitative and qualitative analysis of development assistance patterns and impact during COVID – 19.
Specifically, the Report will;
- Provide a comprehensive information on bi-lateral and multi-lateral interventions to each sector;
- Provide updates on the progress of Aid disbursements as against Government budget disbursements and sector-specific strategies for accountability to the citizens;
- Provide Information to increase the transparency of aid information in Nigeria - a measure that would enhance mutual accountability and harmonization for aid effectiveness;
- Provide information needed to guide policymakers as well as Development Partners in spending Aid money in priority areas;
- Show the number of Aid projects in the country, the number of Aid Agencies as well as the impact of the Aid.
The additional issues and questions that will be addressed by the Development Cooperation Report includes but not limited to:
- Harmonizing the Global Aid Data on Nigeria that is reported in IATI with DAD Nigeria.
- External support for the fight against COVID – 19 in Nigeria
- The report will be prepared in chapters to cover but not limited to the following areas:
- Overview of Development Cooperation in Nigeria 2021;
- Profile of Development Partners (Bilateral, Multilateral, INGOs, etc.);
- Number and status of Aid projects;
- Volume of Aid Commitment and disbursements for Fiscal year 2021;
- Sector-wide allocation of Foreign Aid;
- Types of disbursement (Grants, Technical Assistance, Loan, etc.);
- Percentage of Aid on budget;
- Aid alignment to the National development priorities;
- Sector profile for top 10 MDAs benefiting from Aid resources;
- External support for the fight against COVID – 19 in Nigeria.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.