We are an agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Our organisation utilises an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, we offer a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale. These services include:
● Financial Credit: we raise cost-effective debt to finance its members.
● Agricultural Inputs: provides the appropriate balance of quality agricultural inputs at highly competitive prices.
● Training and Development: Members are trained on good agronomic practices with a focus on minimizing negative environmental impact.
● Harvest Storage and Marketing Services: access to optimal storage practices, markets and increased profits.
The organisation has supported smallholder farmers to increase their productivity by 2x the national average and profitability by 2.5x to 3x the national average. This social enterprise had grown to become Nigeria's single largest maize producing entity. Over the past 8 years of its operations, we have scaled to serve a cumulative of over 65,000 smallholders across 5 Northern states in Nigeria: Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi and Plateau states.
▪ Lead all tech operations on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
▪ Understand the business problem, challenge of existing technologies and areas of application for AI technologies.
▪ Identify and choose right AI or cognitive computing technologies for solving problems and formulate AI recipes for development.
▪ Develop required machine learning models or prototype applications applying formulated AI recipes and verify the problem/solution fit.
▪ Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the computing infrastructure that supports the company’s operations and business applications.
▪ Design a comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data.
▪ Identify emerging technology trends and ensure the company is leveraging them when appropriate to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and drive value.
▪ Prepare and monitor technology operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
▪ Ability to execute business-critical projects within agreed deadlines.
▪ Develop and execute an analytics program that will allow company business leaders to make data-based decisions.
▪ Carry out extensive research to identify needs that new or improved productscan fulfill.
▪ Review research reports, analyze and compare competitors’ products, and meet customers to discuss their requirements.
▪ Bring product development to a successful conclusion -- on time and within budget.
▪ Develop schedules for each phase of the development program and monitor progress against targets. Set up reviews at each stage to ensure the program is
meeting its objectives as it progresses from concept to specification, design, development and launch.
▪ Liaise with the senior management team to agree strategic development objectives and gain budget approval for projects.
This position reports to the Head, Enterprise Systems Engineering.
Implementing and Scaling Digital Transformations in Learning and Development
▪ Experience building Artificial Intelligence Systems.
▪ Able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team environment nd deliver successful results.
▪ Able to develop schedules for each phase of the development program and monitor progress against targets.
▪ Ability to liaise with the senior management team to agree strategic development objectives and gain budget approval for projects.
▪ Programming: C/C++, Shell script, Python, Java and/or R.
▪ Development tools: integrated environments, continuous integration, etc.
▪ Familiarity with machine learning frameworks and libraries.
Start Up Environment
▪ Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential of Team Members
▪ Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams to meet strategic objectives is important.
▪ Extensive experience and passion for coaching/ mentoring a team.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity
▪ Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
What we are offering:
• An entrepreneurial, startup and dynamic work environment.
• Flexibility and autonomy to organize your work while meeting deadlines and expectations.
• Opportunity to grow along with the company and be part of an impactful story.
• Competitive salary with additional benefits.
Our organisation currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria. This role would be based in Lagos, Nigeria.