- Draft and review various agreements including but not limit to Memorandum of Understanding, cooperation agreement, service agreement for the provision of marine seismic data survey, Multi-client geophysical service agreement, charter party for hire of the vessel, vessel repair agreement, services agreement, purchase agreement, parent company guarantee, bank performance guarantee as to and when instructed.
- Communicate, negotiate the terms and conditions of any agreement with our Client or Supplier/Subcontractor. Identify the potential risks and make them under control as and when instructed.
- Liaise with and attend to local municipalities, government bodies, institutions, courts or any third party in order to obtain/exchange information/documents related to the activities of the Company and having legal implications of whatsoever nature, as and when instructed
- Draft, review and/or amend, as and when instructed, resolutions of the board of Directors, power of attorneys and/or other corporate governance documents for the Company and liaise with local company secretaries or external counsels as and when instructed.
- Support, assist and advise, as and when required by the Head of Legal and/or by the headquarters legal department, legal compliance, legal affair
- Conduct researches on laws, regulations, act issued by Nigeria or countries nearby, as requested, translation extracts of relevant articles and/or regulations or brief legal opinions or similar written advice/memo globally related legal issues for internal use. Inform/update the Company's management, as far as of knowledge, on legal developments and new regulations implemented in Nigeria or nearby Countries and relevant to the Company's activities
- Conduct internal training on legal matters or topics of interest and having legal implications for all business operations of the Company
- Conduct due diligence on our Suppliers/Subcontractors, including but not limit to check the business registration documents, shareholder structure, financial status, any ongoing litigation/arbitration that may have an impact on provision of goods/services.
- Perform other administrative tasks strictly related to the role of the legal function within the Company, as and when instructed.
- Education: Bachelor or Master majored in legal. Studying experience in World-known University is preferred.
- Language: Fluent English and local Language, particularly be familiar with legal terms in English.
- Certification: Legal professional certificate or lawyer’s certificate
- Working Experience: More than 3 years experience working on legal affairs. Proficient with commercial negotiation and be familiar with business related to the marine geophysical industry.
- Age: From 30 to 45 years old.
Other Requirements: No criminal record. Physically and mentally healthy. The service agreement might be signed with Our Offshore or its affiliated companies.
Report Line: Director of legal Department-General Legal Counsel-President
Working Location: Lagos, Nigeria. Global Business travel from time to time may be required by Company.