Salary: NGN 90,000 – 150,000
Experience: 4 years
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent communications skills, high level of interdependency, unquestionable integrity, result-oriented and business focus, good computer skills, and proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
- The candidate must possess a university Law Degree and be called to the Nigerian Bar.
- Must have a Second-class upper Degree either at the Law School or the University, and a minimum of a Second-Class Lower at the Law School. A second degree in law or a related field could be an added advantage
- Should have at least 4 years of work experience with a passion for the legal profession
- Must be experienced in, familiar, and/or comfortable with the concepts of time recording, keeping a daily timesheet, and time billing / hourly billing for lawyers
- Candidate should be adept at finding new clients, generating leads, and up-selling and cross-selling legal services within and across different areas of law. The successful candidate will be comfortable marketing the firm, developing or working in new areas of law, and communicating regularly with special clients
- Successful candidates should be able to effectively analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents; and would be rapid learners, logical in problem-solving, and committed to continuous improvement
- He or she will also be involved in company secretarial work including incorporations, tax issues, management of changes to company records and serving the Board. He should have experience drawing up simple and complex contracts and other legal documentation, as well as documenting and perfecting land transactions. The ideal candidate must have a great deal of initiative, a track record showing innovation, and must work very well in teams. Arithmetic and analytical skills are required.
- Candidates must reside in Lagos
- Working with the Managing Partner, the Associate will be a contributor to brainstorming and training sessions and a willing participant in ongoing personal and professional development.
- He or she will appreciate working in a structured environment, taking on increasing levels of responsibility, and being accountable. The Associate will, for instance, be used to weekly meetings where reports will be delivered by him or her, as well as in-house training sessions. The candidate will be both responsive to, and ultimately provide, professional mentoring.
- He/she will write legal articles and proposals; conduct extensive research; and render sound and authoritative legal opinions.
- The Associate will be very active in internal meetings and happily undertake some aspects of firm management.