Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Convert concepts in the source language to equivalent concepts in the target language
- Compile information and technical terms into glossaries and terminology databases to be used in their oral renditions and translations
- Speak, read, and write fluently in at least two languages, one of which is usually English
- Translate written messages accurately, efficiently, and clearly
- Apply their cultural knowledge to render an accurate and meaningful interpretation or translation of the original message
- The preferred candidate must have a minimum of a B.Sc., in Arts or social sciences, related language field from a recognized university or institute
- Must have a minimum of 3 years in translation.
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate proven professional experiences in translation.
- Perfect command of the target language and excellent knowledge of the source language.
- Ability to maintain the highest standard of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of terminologies with respect to; (Legal, Finances, Medical, Technical and Military)
- Ability to find proper cultural equivalents and take cultural context into account, thorough knowledge of both language and culture is thus required