What you will be accountable for:
- Calibrate all equipment daily before use and document appropriately.
- Make relevant adjustments to instruments if calibration is found incorrect.
- Report any faults found on instruments immediately and in the correct manner.
- Ensure the equipment is clean after every use.
Product Sampling (with the use of equipment):
- Collect routine samples of products in line with a minimum requirement for PQI/RQA and relevant protocols.
- Ensure all samplings are well documented.
Product Testing (with the use of equipment):
- Carry out smoking (Linear Smoke Machine + Gas Chromatograph), blend chemistry (Continuous Flow Analyzer), menthol check (Gas Chromatograph), and Triacetin measurement (Gas Chromatograph) in line with relevant protocols.
- Ensure the evaluation of routine samples of the product in line with the minimum requirements for routine analysis and other relevant protocols.
- Support Quality Improvement Initiatives.
- Produce accurate, timely, and error-free information on routine product samples tested.
- Ensure no errors in data collected and recorded.
- Ensure distribution of results in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper use of all relevant test equipment
- Authorise to initiate logging of non-conformance according to procedure.
- Authorise to alter records (hard copy, during analysis)
- Initiate a preventive action request
- Responsible to maintain client and laboratory confidentiality
- Responsible for incoming inspection of purchased item
- Adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible to identify areas of improvement
Essential Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Minimum of OND in any of the sciences related courses
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in the FMCG sector
- Good knowledge of laboratory processes and procedures.
- Good coordination, troubleshooting, and reporting skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel
- Very high attention to details
- Knowledge of equipment software like Chemstation, Flow Access
- Knowledge in ISO 17025 and ISO 9001: 2015