- Properly cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
- Washing and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- Assisting the Cook with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors as well as wiping down kitchen walls.
- Assisting with the unloading of delivered food supplies.
- Organizing and correctly storing food supplies.
- Promptly transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Cook's instructions.
- Stirring and heating soups and sauces as well as preparing hot beverages.
- Proven experience assisting in kitchens.
- A food handler's license.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.