We are looking to hire an industry veteran who has ‘been there, done that’ across a broad range of the software stack and is able to draw on that experience to guide this new effort. You will be expected to take charge of the implementation from concept through delivery and strong leadership skills are a must along with a tenacious commitment to detail and strict adherence to project schedules.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Lead the design and implementation of an advanced automated Linux build control system
- Work closely with other engineering teams to deploy seamlessly into the Canonical ecosystem
- Have no fear in delving into the depths of Kbuild, Kconfig and make to determine the optimal solution to issues faced
- Be eager to propose innovative solutions to kernel build roadblocks and drive acceptance to upstream
- Ensure an ongoing commitment to industry-leading quality, reliability and security standards
- Work from home with global travel up to 20% for internal and external events
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent university level) degree, preferably in a technology field
- Demonstrated experience in patching and configuration of the Linux kernel. A strong working knowledge of Kconfig and git will be required.
- Undeniable leadership skills, having driven a project from inception to delivery
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and oral
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.