Duties & Responsibilities
- Review course and effects of welding defects and take remedial actions.
- Review the radio-graphic film and all NOT reports on a daily basis.
- Carry out audit of the approved Third Party NDT Inspection Company.
- Review the inspection and testing methods and procedures for Radiographic, Dye Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, and Ultrasonic Inspections.
- Witnessing of welder qualifications testing and procedures qualification testing.
- Witnessing any remedial repair welding.
- Reviewing of the welding summary reports.
- Checking the hydrostatic test packages for NDT compliance prior to testing.
- Advising the site subcontractors with regards to welding and testing.
- Monitor any Post Weld Heat Treatment on site and review the completed test reporting.
- Selection of welds for non destructive testing.
- Recording and listing of defective welds.
- Monitor the control and issue of welding electrodes.
- Control the site welding supervisor.
- Actively monitor site radiation safety and review day to day applications for x-raying of welds.
- Coordinate the issue of non-conformance reports through the Project Manager.
Academic Qualification and Work Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree Certificate or its equivalent in Material/Metallurgical/Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Oil & Gas QA/QC Welding Inspection works with at least 3 years of experience as Lead Inspector.
Skills & Competencies:
- A dynamic leader of his workforce.
- Able to motivate others, with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A creative thinker and very good organizer.
- Must be physically strong and healthy and does not suffer from visual or hearing impediments.
- Relevant professional certification is required and any other certification will be an added advantage.
Location: Bonny Island (Not Limited to)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (CVs, Cover Letter and Credentials) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.