Clean Tech Hub is seeking a Junior Associate-Energy Finance, who will assist in developing and implementing policies, procedure and best practices especially project directly related to energy access interventions.
The Junior Associate will be working directly with the Manager, Energy Access and act in a supporting role, in carrying out the following Job functions:
• Gather and analyze data that can be used in the analysis carried out by team members relating to renewable energy finance and policies, both for the power sector and end-uses.
• Contribute to drafting and finalizing publications and reports related to the financial landscape of renewable energy.
• Carry out comprehensive research and analyze the roles of different actors and instrument in financing renewable energy, including; international and domestic public finance institution, institutional investors, debt and private financial institutions, private equity and capital markets, blended finance, climate finance, sustainable finance and green bonds.
• Contribute in conducting comprehensive market research analysis relating to energy access in Africa.
• Keep abreast of current trends in energy access and rural electrification within Nigeria, Africa and the world at large.
• Support the team on process flow with content creation to ease the operations of the organization.
• Organize workshops, meeting and events with relevant sectoral and industry stakeholders on topics related to renewable energy finance and policies.
• Must be committed and passionate about CTH’s goal, objectives and mission.
• 0- 2 years of working experience.
• A strategic mind that is focused on execution.
• Bachelor’s degree in any field (a degree in Economics, Finance, Public policy is an added advantage).
• Good research, data collection, and analytical skills.
• Ability to work with speed.
• Outstanding communication, interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
• Sound knowledge of renewable energy investment and policy frameworks.
• Familiarity with ongoing debates and initiatives in the field of energy access and rural electrification.
• Ability to write clearly and consistently and present to a wide variety of local and international audiences.
• Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype, Zoom, etc.).
Who you are:
• A self- starter who is able to learn, work independently and passionate about creating lasting change in the Renewable Energy sector.
• You seek to take on new types of work, even without prior experience or supervision.
• You show a willingness to work, travel, and do what it takes to get the job done.
• You are comfortable with ambiguity and an ability to operate effectively in a changing context.
• You can build strong relationships with clients and colleagues in a stressful environment.
• A healthy dose of curiosity that pushes you to come up with innovative and relevant ideas.