His responsibilities shall therefore include but not be limited to the following and as may from time to time be modified to meet the needs of the business:
- Create project schematics, site plans, elevations, sections, 3D rendering and architectural details for the Company’s various projects using the relevant software.
- Create building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications.
- Coordinate and oversee all technical activities relating to architectural projects, including directing the design team, reviewing drafts and computer models, and approving design changes.
- Create architectural designs and develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics required to communicate concepts to the potential clients/consultants or for management’s approval.
- Make timely changes and revisions to project drawings.
- Streamline and monitor the various project design processes from conceptual design through to overall completion of projects
- Collaborate with clients and external consultants for technical details and completion of construction drawings.
- Develop project specifications from master specifications.
- Participate in the review of product or shop drawing submittals by the Project Architects and consultants during the construction phase.
- Assist project managers and consultants in construction drawings of prefabricated structure projects and other modular construction projects;
- Engage in general administrative duties including scanning, copying, printing, report writing and transmitting of original working drawings of current projects; and any potential on or off-site project operational responsibilities required by the project managers
- Prepare and update drawing registers for all projects
- Organize and maintain project files
- Assist with collation of all relevant planning documentation and assist with follow up on approvals where necessary, until consent is obtained for the Group’s projects.
- Communicate directly with managers, property unit, business development unit and clients to discuss and organize projects from fit-out design through construction.
- Remain up-to-date with current and trending elements of design, construction, and technology.
- Innovate and develop new standards, policies, and procedures for architectural design work as necessary to minimize costs and maximize efficiency.
- Write and present reports, proposals, applications and contracts.
- Undertake all such other tasks or duties as may be assigned to him from time to time as may be required to meet the needs of the Group
- A degree in Architecture with 2 years of work experience in an Architectural firm spanning all aspects of design and construction projects.
- Must have knowledge in Interior Design.
The individual will need to demonstrate:
• Interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
• Ability to accomplish goals, evaluate results, develop schedules and can organize multiple activities effectively utilizing available resources
• Ability to write reports, presentations to employees, clients, top management.
• Intermediate skills and knowledge with AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Max, Sketchup, Microsoft word, Ms. excel, Ms. project.
• The ability to multitask and prioritise workload
• Confident decision making
• Time management skills
• Good communication skills, excellent writing and verbal skills
• High attention to details.
• Strong organization and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients