• Directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company.
• Represents the company externally to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimizes all business development opportunities.
• Maintains a good level of understanding and knowledge of the Company’s products and services, ensuring that customer queries can be captured and dealt with accurately and appropriately
• Ensures that all commercial activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets (Key Performance Indicators (Key Performance Indicators)) in line with business objectives.
• Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully meeting set targets
• Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
• Support the Head of Sales & Marketing in preparing and implementing annual budget, work and resource plans; support their applicability within the overall company strategy
• Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry, researching and analyzing sales options
• Build and maintains effective relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements
• Design and implement a sales strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
• Collaborate with Technical team on sales technology initiatives
• Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
• Ensure correct usage of CRM and other sales applications
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Liaise with vendors and other Technical Personnel
• Speaks positively and enthusiastically about the Company and its products and services to ensure that a professional company and brand image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues
• University degree in a relevant discipline
• Master’s degree from a recognized University will be an advantage.
• Membership of professional management associations will be an added advantage
• 4-8 years’ work experience in ICT/Telecoms or related industry.
• Understanding and Basic skill in IT.
The competence proficiency levels required for the position of Chief Sales and Marketing Officer are defined using the following key terms.
• Marketing – Mastery
• Business Acumen - Skill
• Strategic thinking – Skill
• Technical - Knowledge
• Leadership – Skill
• Negotiation – Mastery
• Interpersonal – Mastery
• Organisation – Skill
• Analytical thinking – Mastery
• Communication – Mastery
• Entrepreneurial drive – Mastery