- AZOROM is an Irish international energy consultant, employed by the World Bank. AZOROM has been working for a number of years with NAWEC the Gambian National Water & Electricity Company.
- NAWEC has commenced a major programme of transformation and change designed to modernize its infrastructure and re-engineer its systems, procedures and the organization. With the support of Government, Donors and Lenders, major investments are happening in the Transmission and Distribution networks, Generating plants, Water Infrastructure and Operating systems.
- To deliver the very ambitious and challenging programmes it’s committed to; an IT Expert is required to accompany NAWEC in its transformation to a modern, effective, efficient, customer-oriented utility.
- The Expert will have overall responsibility and accountability for Boka Information Management System (BIMS) Project under implementation at NAWEC.
- BIMS include MS Dynamics AX ERP and Indra’s Onesait Utility Customer System, Onesait GIS System.
- The Expert will report directly to Azorom’s International IT Expert.
Working with AZOROM the consultant will : -
- Liaise with IMS lead SMEs on project deliverables and implementation drivers.
- Liaise with BIMS contractor(s) to resolves issues and fast track pending matters.
- Track the agreed BIMS project plan, follow the overall approach to all activities and BIMS project governance.
- Collaborate and communicate with all stake holders.
- Review and raise comments on artifacts and documents submitted by contractors(s) to NAWEC for approval.
- Inspect data center environment and power systems
- Assist in MS Windows and Linux servers’ configurations
- Development of Contract Management Plan for all relevant projects
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology , Engineering or related field.
- Prince 2 Certification / PMP qualification would be an advantage
- 5 Years’ experience working in IT with at least 3 years in an IT Project Management environment in an organisation of scale
- Must possess knowledge of ERP systems