The jobholder will also ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department is in line with business goals; provide direction and support for all systems and the daily operational activities of the IT department; work closely with business decision-makers across the organization to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support effective technology solutions for all parts of the organization; define and implement IT policies and procedures and ensure sound practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the IT Department in operational and strategic planning and budgeting, including fostering innovation, planning projects, organization, and resource allocation
· Diagnose and ascertain technology requirements; make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and systems
· Direct research and other analysis to support IT planning; direct research on potential technology solutions
· Develop business cases and undertake cost-benefit analyses to justify or support IT spending and initiatives.
· Evaluate and propose technological solutions relevant to the business; ensure that technologies deployed and enhancements to infrastructure and business applications align with business goals
Provide expert advice on relevant technology tools and best practices
Provide suggestions for enhancing IT value and performance.
· Negotiate, administer and manage vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements within conjunction with Procurement and other relevant business units
· Manage vendors and service providers, and ensure all products and services are delivered according to agreements and specifications
· Develop and implement all robust IT policies and procedures; ensure organization-wide adherence to established policies and procedures
· Identify, assess and manage information technology risks; ensure the security of data, information, and systems
· Ensure no less than satisfactory audits.
· Manage all aspects of the IT Department including the budget, financial purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
· Manage the delivery or provision of a complete range of Information Technology Services covering networks, telecommunications, systems and devices, ERP, etc.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
· A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
· Minimum of 7 years progressive IT experience with at least 3 years in supervisory and management positions in an IT department
· Strong project management experience
· Relevant information technology qualifications/certifications.
· Demonstrated broad ICT & business knowledge; database management, business application configuration; IT support knowledge, and skills.
Information Technology Management
Strategic Planning & Management.