- Originate transactions that are fit to the specifics of the Funds.
- Takes responsibility for proper documentation required for execution including but not limited to collation and organization of deal documentation from clients, preparation of deal documentation- term sheet, cashflow model or relevant financial model, Investment Committee/Credit Memo, offer letter and loan agreements, etc.
- Coordinates closing documentation and disbursement.
- Liaises with Credit Portfolio Manager (CPM) or Team Lead - Funds that all transactions that have been approved have met all Condition Precedents (CPs).
- Liaises with CPM and ensures that there are sufficient funds in designated accounts.
- Notifies and ensures approval levels are met on time.
- Prepares daily reconciliation report of banks for all previous day transactions.
- Traces all corresponding naira transactions carried out
- Follows up daily on all receivables and ensures that payments are remitted promptly.
- Ensures transaction instructions are completed and sent out immediately after getting approval.
- Ensures no instruction is overlooked.
- Prepares documents or payment reminders to the client at specified times and liaises with the Investor Relations Team.
- Ensures all value add identified during deal-making and recorded as Condition subsequent (CS) are met by clients as may be specified
- Ensures periodic documents and information exchange between the Credit Team and Clients are received, treated, and properly archived for value
- Promptly reports identified deviation in information, performance trend and action of clients and information supplied to reporting line and escalate to fund managers where required
- Conduct at least 1 monthly reconciliation of CP and CS of all clients to ensure no gap in the informational and transactional relationship with any client- especially as it relates to our participation in the bank account and proceed with account domiciliation
- Prepares weekly trading accounts (Treasury Bills etc) of all banks to determine gross margin
- Actively participates in the preparation of the month-end management report
- Assists in preparing monthly returns on PAYE
- Assists in preparing monthly VAT returns
- Assists in maintaining the financial records and books of accounts
- Ensures accurate accounting and reporting of revenue generated by the business
- Assists in ensuring the integrity of the general ledger balances.
- Prepares all accounting and financials that feed into monthly Investors’ Reports
- Communicates with all portfolio companies and clients through daily calls, emails, and meetings for data updates, continuous collection of more in-depth operating and financial information.
- Monitors all relevant business and economic news stories relevant to portfolio companies.
- Analyses and reports on all company financial statements.
- Reports to the team lead on all tasks, portfolio companies, and/investment coverages.
- Comprehends the need to understand processes & systems, review, implement and execute documentation starting with Sthenic Finance & Advisory/Sthenic Capital Management and coordinating with all stakeholders including artisans, vendors, and consultants.
- Supports Sthenic’s Principal Investments with Business Development and strategies
- Performs any other responsibilities within your skillset as may be assigned from time to time by the team-leads in line with the objectives of the Company.
- Minimum of 2-year work experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a goal-oriented environment
- Experience in managing funds or in Microfinance will be an added advantage
- B.Sc. degree in Finance, Economics or a related fields