- Develops Alternative Assets investment products based on market demand, competition, internal capabilities, profitability, and strategic direction of the Group; conducts feasibility analysis with key stakeholders; establishes product strategy and defines appropriate benchmark(s); manages internal governance /approval process.
- Leads structuring of products, working closely with The Bank, our Capital Markets Ltd, our Pensions Ltd, the Risk Management & Compliance, Legal, Finance, Client Administration, and Marketing & Sales teams, and other internal and external parties.
- Oversees, monitors, and evaluates Alternative Assets products for performance, style consistency, and profitability.
- Creates product plans across Alternative Assets that refine assigned products, investment vehicles, and their distribution.
- Serves as subject matter expert, providing guidance and detailed product information to the Marketing & Sales team and clients, for due diligence questions, client servicing, offering memoranda, and other purposes.
- Manages vendor support and procedures for assigned products.
- Works with the Compliance team to ensure that products are compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Ability to manage and mentor a team of junior investment managers and analysts over time
- Researches and incorporates competitive environment, product flows, and client feedback into product strategies.
- Board representation
- At least 10 years’ credit origination and underwriting experience
- Strong academic qualification and quite intellectual
- Working in a disciplined credit environment
- Entrepreneurial skill
- Strong motivation and drive
- Good Business Manager
- Ability to work and make decisions independently as well as collaborate effectively as part of a wider team.
- Strong persuasion and communication skills
- Understanding of Financial Statements
- Supervisory skill
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good first degree from a reputable university
- ACA/CFA qualification will be an added advantage
- Relevant Credit and Underwriting Certifications
- Strong Interpersonal Skill
- Emotional Intelligence
- Analytical Ability
- Decision Quality & Problem Solving