- Support the daily management of the fund portfolios, consistent with their respective investment objectives with particular emphasis on the fixed income funds and fixed income allocation of diversified funds.
- Recommend tactical trading opportunities to the investment management team to optimize portfolio return.
- Manage duration and credit structure of portfolios to achieve target returns and minimize risk and volatility.
- Monitor capital market developments and conduct investment-related research in order to develop and support investment thesis; with particular emphasis on monetary conditions and inflation drivers/expectations.
- Develop financial and quantitative models to measure investment decisions including relative value analysis and risk analysis and performance.
- Collaborate with relevant business units to support strategic initiatives; fund pricing, evaluating new transactions, company capital, and reserve management, etc.
- Conduct fundamental fixed income research and credit analysis.
- Communicate investment strategies and results to relevant parties across the company.
- Prepare periodic reports for Management Investment Committee and Board Investment Strategy Committee meetings.
- Deliver investment-related presentations to the firm and/or third-party clients as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business, Finance or any relevant course (Minimum of Second Class Lower). An MBA or relevant master’s degree and CFA designation or related professional certification will be an added advantage.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant fixed income portfolio management experience
- Deep understanding of fixed income securities especially government securities preferably with a background in treasury function in a financial institution.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and modeling skills
- Open-minded, innovative, and strategic thinker
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in material compliance with set risk limits and guidelines
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.