- Reporting to the Regional Representative, the Analyst is responsible for maintaining a beneficial relationship between Shelter Afrique and her clients.
- Assist in the promotion and development of a quality lending portfolio.
- In addition, s/he will provide support to customers in the loan application process, and will carry out market research;
- Assess the attractiveness of specific investment opportunities with a strong focus on credit quality and development impact and make recommendations management
- Prepare project briefs, project information summary reports, and project appraisal reports for presentation to the department, review committees, senior management, and finally to the Board of Directors.
- Develop investment promotion strategies in Anglophone West Africa, including targeting potential investors and promoting the Bank’s products and services proactively;
- Work with the legal department to ensure that all deals have appropriate legal documentation and that financial close is achieved, and hand over projects to portfolio management staff;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients to develop a strong pipeline for new investment opportunities.
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, with a strong focus on credit and asset quality (include processing mandates, due diligence, negotiating term sheets and other documentation, Loans Committee, and board approval);
- Explain Shelter Afrique product and financing guidelines to clients;
- Develop and maintain an appropriate database on borrowers, investors, governments, institutions, and other collaborating agencies.
- Assist with the efficient management of the company’s project portfolio and related activities.
- Maintain effective filing and record management system for the office and ensure safety, security and confidentiality;
- Maintain office supplies and inventory for the office;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Must have a minimum of a Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance or other relevant fields;
- The candidate must possess a professional qualification either a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter holder or Chartered Accountant will be a plus;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years professional experience in corporate/project finance, investment banking, consulting, or private equity/venture capital with specific experience in Africa;
- The ability for business development, structure, and negotiate deals;
- Strong analytical, financial structuring skills (including financial modeling experience) and sound business judgment;
- Working experience in a multinational organization in Africa and/or specialized experience in similar organization/s would be considered an advantage;
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate, participate in, and act as a catalyst for, strategic cross-sector dialogues within the networks, across the country, among bank colleagues and other development institutions, governments, and other organizations;
- Knowledge of economic developments and market trends in Africa;
- Ability to contribute to sound decisions and contribute to the execution of the decisions;
- Ability to initiate, effectively, and independently interact with the senior government officials, senior management of potential clients;
- Strong commitment to search for and produce innovative and creative approaches to activities to enhance performance and create added benefits to the Bank and its clients;
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, apply business knowledge to the resolution of problems, and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization;
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills;
- Proven ability to work with limited supervision and efficiently to deliver under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively in French or English, with excellent working knowledge of the other language; and
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Method of Application:
Important Information & Notice
- To apply for this position, you need to be a national of Shelter Afrique’s member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for an interview will be contacted. Only online applications are submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter. The MD, Shelter Afrique, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. Shelter Afrique is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Shelter Afrique does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. Shelter Afrique declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
- Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability against the listed qualifications and detailed curriculum vitae, as well as names and addresses of the referees
- Applicants should indicate the position they applied for as the subject line of their application submissions. The deadline for submission is 15th September 2021.
- Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. We invite you to learn more about Shelter-Afrique and about this role and detailed job description by accessing our website.