Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, lead and execute procurement strategies
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the effectiveness
• Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
• Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
• Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
• Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking
• Assess, manage and mitigate risks
• Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
• Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
• Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
• Manage overall direction, coordination, and procurement evaluation for the business.
• Implement procurement strategies to maintain the security of supply and optimum value for money.
• Set policy and guidelines for delivering commercial and cost-effective procuring process for the business.
• Develop key relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business.
• Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services.
• Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain the best price and service.
• Analyze market and delivery trends so as to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
• Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
• Provide periodic reporting for Management on purchasing, controls, and processes.
• Develop supplier database and establish annual purchasing contracts for a lower value, high-value items
• Develop workflow process in line with ERP software system.
• Ensure principles of value for money, transparency, fairness, efficiency, and accountability are evident in all dealings.
• Advise Management on the improved procurement process, management of company assets, and replacement strategies.
Skills & Expertise
• Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
• Interest in market dynamics along with a business sense
• A knack for negotiation and networking
• Working experience with ERP software
• Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
• Solid judgment with the ability to make good decisions
• Strong leadership capabilities
Qualifications and Experience
• BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
• 5-7 years’ work-related experience and a solid experience in Procurement and Inventory Management