- Developing and communicating inventory management processes, policies, and procedures to key stakeholders across the business.
- Tracking changes to related business processes and events with potential impact on inventory management to identify and mitigate emerging risks.
- Responsible for managing and mitigating risks associated with different categories of inventory through continuous operational review and deployment of controls in an efficient manner across store locations within the business.
- Responsible for planning and execution of periodic inventory counts, documentation of outcomes, coordination with relevant stakeholders to explain variances, and making recommendations for adjustment in line with approved Delegation of Authority.
- Tracking inventory levels and monitoring movements using available inventory management systems to keep inventory levels across the organization within acceptable thresholds.
- Support the achievement of business working capital and cost management objectives through constant monitoring and reporting on all relevant inventory management metrics.
- Maintain constant awareness of the impact of all inventory management metrics on corporate financial goals.
- Develop and recommend practical inventory-related cost/cash improvement strategies with measurable impact on the P&L.
- Investigate inventory management incidents and recommend operationally feasible corrective actions.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices in inventory management, material handling, relevant technology, and procedures.
- Manage a high-performing team of Store Managers with a focus on coaching and leadership development.
Relationship Management & Other Tasks:
- Relate with various departmental heads & staff to obtain relevant data & information required for effective delivery on assigned tasks.
- Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications & experience are suited and as may be directed by management.
Educational, Technical Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in any numerate discipline
- Qualified Supply Chain Professional with 4-6 years’ inventory management experience in an organization with a minimum of 50 SKUs.
- Inventory management experience in the manufacturing sector would be an added advantage.
- Practical knowledge of inventory management principles, processes, and associated controls.
- Strong ERP exposure (appreciation of back-end setups and how they impact outcome)
- Strong MS office working knowledge, ability to analyze data, identify connections and implement process improvements.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and capable of working in a complex and challenging environment.
- Proven ability to design and effectively operate inventory management controls.
- Very good communication and influence at all levels of management.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team.
Other Behavioural Attributes:
- Open-minded and able to work in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to frame issues and define practical solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate across the board within and outside the organization.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail