Soteria Eye Clinic is looking to fill the role of Inventory Accountant. This role is responsible for tracking and managing the inventory of the company across the branches to ensure that all transactions related to inventory are properly recorded in the company's financial records. You will be in charge of monitoring all the transactions related to inventory and keeping yourself updated with the inventory which has been used, unused, or the items that have to be stocked up for future use.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Review purchase orders for accuracy and ensure that they have been approved by the responsible individuals.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure they are within acceptable ranges.
- Verify inventory counts and record adjustments to inventory levels for items that have been sold, damaged, or lost.
- Ensure that all inventory transaction details are recorded accurately in an accounting system.
- Determine methods for recording inventory transactions such as physical counts, perpetual systems, or estimates based on previous usage rates to ensure proper accountability and a minimal level of loss.
- Work closely with operations staff and management to develop, fine-tune and document inventory control procedures.
- Support the creation, development, and maintenance of inventory policies and procedures and help to ensure compliance with the procedures.
- Ensure that the entire inventory is stacked properly and arranged in an organized manner so that minimum wastage occurs and none of the items expire.
- Verify that reports on inventory count are correct in order to avoid fraud and/or take timely action against anyone who has deliberately made a fraud report.
- Perform daily/monthly adjustments, journal entries, and reconciliation of inventory across all branches.
- Create and manage complex spreadsheets of inventory data.
- Conduct routine price surveys
- Report on inventory levels, costs, and turnover rates to management.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Degree in accounting or a related field.
- 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical skills. Should be able to identify abnormalities in data and resolve them quickly and effectively.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Superb attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Solid proficiency in MS Suits and accounting ERP systems.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.