The staff will develop and maintain relationships with schools, students and partners while strategizing on opportunities to enhance recruitment efforts through but not limited to the following:
- Represents the program to targeted partners, visits to elementary schools, junior high schools, middle schools, senior high schools, and school forums; speaks to groups and individual students; meets with school counsellors, administrators and/or other constituent groups to promote outreach activities and as required to assist other recruiters.
- Develops, coordinates and delivers outreach programs and marketing strategies, including community workshops, retreats, and related recruitment efforts; arranges visits and tours for prospective students and parents.
- Serves independently as the point person for internal coordination of student recruitment and enrollment management goals utilizing specific knowledge gained of admissions, registration criteria and financial aid and/or scholarship information and deadlines.
- Provides career and academic counselling, planning, and advising to potential students utilizing specific knowledge gained of the university colleges, educational programs and degrees.
- Independently develops and maintains partnerships between our organisation, local school systems, social networks, faculty, community partners, and other identified groups throughout the assigned territory/population.
- Coordinates the participation of staff and alumni for national and local recruitment fairs, conferences and related outreach events; coordinates event-specific organizational aspects, promotional materials and information from our organisation and its partners, educational programs and opportunities.
- Participates in and/or organizes and implements all aspects of large, multi-departmental special events utilizing presentation and promotional materials, maintaining budgetary and operational controls, coordination skills with multiple entities and representing the organisation at local, regional and national events.
- Prepares reports and proposals regarding recruitment and outreach activities, and responds to inquiries from schools, parents, students and minority agencies.
- Creates, packages, monitors and distributes resource materials for student recruitment and retention programs; develops mentorship programs; analyzes trends in recruitment and retention programs; develops strategies for program evaluation.
- Guides and oversees the work of lower graded staff and/or student employees including partner networks when engaged indirectly related support activities; may participate in employee and partners training and evaluative sessions.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.