- Undertake market research to inform business development strategy
- Identify and track potential business opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong external working relationships with clients, strategic partners, and technical advisers
- Support tender preparation and proposal management activities.
- Supporting Project Managers in achieving a high level of client satisfaction with programme outcomes
- Support the Project Manager to ensure compliance with the DFID supplier code of conduct, including due diligence and monitoring of downstream delivery partners
- Ensuring that the programme has an executed contract, that all contract amendments are quickly actioned, and that key stakeholders are apprised of any substantive changes
- Supporting management of contract requirements as necessary, in conjunction with the Project Director and Project Manager.
- Financial management tasks, including accurate project forecasting and budgeting
- Cost tracking and management, client invoicing and reporting including value for money reporting, audit preparation and response.
- Researching and synthesising knowledge to convey Abt’s technical capabilities across priority sectors (including governance, health, and economic development) to partners and clients
- Contributing to technical deliverables across programmes, where required
MONITORING, EVALUATION, RESEARCH, AND LEARNING (MERL)
- Supports development of programme MERL frameworks
- Supports design of data collection approaches
- Supports analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- BA. or M.S. in international relations, development economics, economic development, public policy or a related field, although 5 years of related work experience with a B.A. may be considered in lieu of a graduate degree;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience, especially in successful proposal development and/or international project management for an international NGO;
- Demonstrated stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong English writing and grammar skills, and strong analytical skills;
- Demonstrated creativity in developing and contributing to DFID & FCO proposals and knowledge of tendering requirements, compliance and guidelines for consulting services, dealing with conflicting priorities and complexity, and effectively articulating conclusions in written and oral forms;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Computer literate, including operating skills necessary for development and preparation of Excel spreadsheets, correspondence, and research;
- Experience conducting quantitative data analysis, ideally with SPSS or STAT
- Understanding of FCO & DFID programme design and focus
- Experience with programme MERL preferred
- Previous business development and programmatic work with international donors, ideally DFID & FCO
- Creativity, initiative, organizational skills, and extreme attention to detail, with an emphasis on following tasks to completion;
- Fluent in English and working level fluency of a foreign language, especially Spanish or French;
- Prior overseas work or volunteer experience is highly desirable.