Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, compliance procedures and controls, and timeliness of documentation generation.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
- Identify the risks that the business faces and develop preventive strategies.
- Review company SOPs from time to time to ensure relevance; ensure adherence.
- Provide training on policies and controls.
- Review Vendor creation, Customer Creation (Agreements), and Credit setting for customers.
- Review Capex project briefs and compliance with procedures.
- Sales and Centres expense management and control.
- Check consumptions vs Bill of materials to detect and eliminate any shortages/pilferages.
- Check the asset disposal bidding process.
- Review the Fixed assets register from time to time, and physical asset count exercise.
- Supervise the physical Stock Take for all locations (Reagents, Consumables, Equipment, Spares, etc).
- Evaluate the ERP (Tally and Microsoft Dynamic) and LIMS audit trail.
- Periodic review of payroll schedules
- Tax and Regulatory Affairs – Ensure all tax and regulatory filings are made promptly.
- Visit satellite centers periodically to perform the above-stated tasks
- Challenge management, ensure changes are implemented, and set up controls:
- Internal audit compliance audits
- Internal control check proceeds
- Process flow to ensure segregation of duties
- Perform other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Accounting
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, etc.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP internal Control procedures
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles and best practices
- Familiarity with accounting software programs, such as Tally and Microsoft dynamic
- Proven time management skills and ability to work under strict deadlines
- Respect for confidentiality of information laws and local ethics
- Expertise in activity-based costing for fixed and variable costs in relation to the overall direct cost of a line of products
- Strong knowledge of internal financial policies and procedures and applicable financial specifications
- Good understanding of international and local tax and regulatory framework
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of office productivity tools.
- Very good understanding of the ethics and values of AML
- Willing to travel locally
- Sound numeracy and accounting skills
- Strong business management, entrepreneurial, and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple priorities
- Strong problem-analysis/solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ethical & honest
- Good relationship management capability
- Strong team player
- Strong attention to detail.
Remuneration: NGN 400,000 - 600,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.