A wholly indigenous exploration and production oil and gas company operating in Lagos and Delta States, Nigeria is looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
- Coordinate the implementation, documentation, assessment, and monitoring internal control framework to ensure adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes, and business operations.
- Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance, and efficiency
- Coordinate the process for internal control reviews across the organization.
- Prepare adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, and escalation to GMs and executive management.
- Prepare adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action
- Responsible for a strong internal control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance
- Coordinate enterprise risk management at third-line defense level including review of risk registers; facilitate engagement sessions with risk champions
- Minimum academic qualification of an HND/BSc in a related discipline with excellent knowledge of IFRS and general accounting principles
- Minimum of 7 years relevant work experience in the Oil and Gas industry or Auditing/Consulting
- Relevant professional qualification in Accounting (ACA, ACCA, etc.) with a minimum 5 years post-qualification work experience
- Well-versed in state and federal laws and regulations relating to compliance, general accounting, and management controls
- Strong knowledge and practice of IAS practices and reporting guidelines
- Strong ethical standards, objectivity, qualitative risk-based thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Track record of improving processes and controls
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools and working knowledge of Infor Financials Business (SUN Systems), Q&A analysis tool, and SAP B1 will be an added advantage.
- Ability to extract, manipulate and analyze large volumes of data
- Ability to motivate teams and a strong moral compass. Such a person should be able to develop and implement effective strategies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and relate to a broad range of internal stakeholders, including other senior team members, staff, and top management
- Financial management experience, including preparation and management of budgets, etc.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Energetic, independent, and self-motivated with a solution-based approach while demonstrating innovation, integrity, quality, creativity, flexibility, and resilience.
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.