- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk.
- Implement best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements.
- Manage resources and audit assignments.
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice.
- Compile and implement the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management and/or Risk Committees.
- Overall supervision of planned annual audits.
- Execution of assigned projects on the department’s risk-based internal audit plan.
- Participate in detailed testing of key financial controls.
- Conduct independent and objective assessments of internal controls, financial results, corporate processes,
- hotel operational and compliance requirements.
- Partner with management to develop corrective action plans in response to all internal audit observations and
- subsequent follow-ups to ensure closure.
- Help define departmental methodologies and deliverables in accordance with professional standards.
- Educate and advise management and process owners on accounting and internal control requirements.
- Interact regularly with process owners and senior management.
- Prepare draft audit programs, request listings, testing strategies, and other pre-audit planning activities aimed
- ensuring an efficient and effective audit.
- Degree in Internal Auditing, Financial Accounting or Financial Management (essential).
- Two years of work experience in an internal audit or accounting environment
- Exceptional accounting skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills
Salary: N 40, 000- 70, 000