Set up effective internal control/audit management system, periodically evaluate the company’s financial governance system and process through a disciplined approach that adds value.
Ensure excellent compliance of the company financial administration with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as adjudged by our external auditors
- Perform full audit cycle including risk and control managements over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable local and international directives and regulations.
- Review and evaluate the company’s financial information, business and administrative processes through audit of financial transactional statements, reports and making recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes.
- Document the processes, prepare audit findings memorandum reflecting audit’s results and presenting such reports to the management on monthly basis.
- Protect against fraud and theft of the organization's assets
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Provide on the job training and coach staff on external rules and internal procedures as well evaluate compliance to audit/control requirements.
- Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and statutes.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion and cost savings measures.
- Participate in preparing and managing external audits that are carried out on behalf of the company.
- Carry-out other functions that may be assigned to you by management from time-to-time in attainment of the department goals
Key Performance Indicators
Annualized profitability margin
Budgeted EBITDA Margin
Satisfactory rating in managerial functions viz-a-viz;
Good administration and quality compliance
Proper prioritization of tasks, delegation of functions and clear communication of goals
Adherence to personnel policies on staff management (attendance, employee onboarding)
Excellence in staff development (mentoring and training of reporting employees)
Good business and asset management (setting and achieving production and financial targets, adherence to system control and standards in your section)
Good change orientation & management
Satisfactory rating in Critical functions/skills:
Leadership and people management
Strategic Planning and Organization
Critical thinking/ problem-solving skill
Skills, Competencies and Requirements:
Strong domain knowledge in accounting, finance and economics of livestock industry and business
Proficiency in modern accounting and finance productivity tools and software
Business Analytics skills
Financial information management and reporting
General Management Competencies/Requirements:
Strong leadership capability and people management skill
Strong Oral and Written Communication skills
Strong Presentation Skills
Strong Negotiation Skills
Strong decision making/critical thinking and problem-solving skill
Understanding of manufacturing and business principles
Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate effectively
Desired Personal Attributes:
Proactive self-starter and driven for results
Assertiveness & tenacity
Dependability and adaptability
Good work quality and reliability
Good cooperation and staff relation
Highly organized and significant ability to multi-task effectively
Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related fields
AACA, ICAN or CIMA certification
Minimum of 3-5years experience in finance (experience in poultry industry will be advantageous)
#1,438,458 – #1,946,746 per annum