● Objectively review an organization’s business processes in line with the approved audit plan.
● Evaluate the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place.
● Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
● Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results and document the process.
● Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality, and goal achievement
● Carry out investigation and report back to Head, Risk Management, and Compliance on issues arising.
● Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
● Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
● Conduct follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
● Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding the sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards.
● Assist the Head of Risk Management and Compliance in planning and managing audit mandates, including documentation of work performed, management of costs, and time for the mandate.
● Protect organization’s assets against fraud and theft
● Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and statutes
● Make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes
● Promote ethics and help identify improper conduct
● Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and ensure best practices as always considered.
● Perform all assigned audit duties in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors.